Archive for Documentation
POL06 Complaints Policy
BIS is aware of the importance and value of complaints to grow and improve as an organisation. The purpose of this policy is to comply with accreditation requirements and legislation, and to provide a framework and procedure for disputes and complaints:
- complainants are encouraged to seek resolution directly (engaging a support person where needed).
- if the dispute is not resolved for the complainant they are encouraged to lodge the Complaint Form - Resolution Request.
POL20 Child Protection Policy
The purpose of this policy is to provide a policy as part of Brisbane Independent School written processes about:
- how the school will respond to harm, or allegations or harm, to students under 18 years old as the safety and needs of the child are central to our Philosophy and Values; and
- the appropriate conduct of the school’s staff and students.
To comply with accreditation requirements and legislation.
- POL20_Child Protection Policy(12 May 2023)
- POL14_Privacy(17 April 2018)
BL01 BIS By Laws
The purpose of this bylaw is to serve as the blueprint for how the governing body will operate. For Brisbane Independent School Incorporated (BIS), as a nonprofit school to become incorporated under state law, it must have a set of bylaws.
- Download(30 April 2018)
Attendance Policy Documents
These Attendance Policy documents provide the rationale and core principles behind a range of Guidelines and Processes that we use as a community across students, staff and volunteers.
Policies, Procedures & Guidelines
There are a range of different documents that help us to know what is the processes and direction of the school. Procedures give the who, what, when and where of how to achieve the policies. Guidelines streamline a range of procedures or processes that draw from a number of documents into a more single coherent formats.